Coaching Softball Technical and Tactical Skills by American Sport Education Program (Paperback / softback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnlike other softball instruction books, Coaching Softball Technical and Tactical Skills goes beyond teaching the technical basics and focuses on skills such as in-game decision making and detecting the strengths and weaknesses of opponents--the tactical skills--to prepare players for game day. This text is written by the American Sport Education Program (ASEP), the nation's leading sport education provider, in conjunction with content experts Kirk Walker and Mona Stevens and endorsement from the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA), the premier national organization for fastpitch softball. Coaching Softball Technical and Tactical Skills features cues to help you teach your athletes the fundamental technical and tactical skills, over 175 photos depicting the appropriate techniques, and examples of season and practice plans to help you prepare for games. Skills are organized and cross-referenced so you can see how they relate to each other. Coaching Softball Technical and Tactical Skills covers virtually all facets of softball: evaluating techniques, situational tactical skills, and season, practice, and game planning guides. Softball coaches and players alike will reap the benefits from this easy-to-use resource.
- Author BiographyCoaching Softball Technical and Tactical Skills is written by the American Sport Education Program (ASEP) in conjunction with softball coaching legends Kirk Walker and Mona Stevens.ASEP has been developing and delivering coaching education courses and resources since 1981. As the nation's leading sport education provider, ASEP works with national, state, and local sport organizations to develop educational programs for coaches, officials, administrators, and parents. These programs incorporate ASEP's philosophy of Athletes first, winning second. Contributing author Kirk Walker drastically improved the Oregon State softball program when he became head coach in 1994. Walker has become Oregon State's all-time winningest softball coach with a 462-347-3 career record. Each season his team has improved--they've had eight seasons of winning 40-plus games. In 2005 Walker earned his second Pacific-10 Conference Coach of the Year Award after winning the Pac-10 title for the first time. Walker also coached in the Amateur Softball Association, where he led his team to four consecutive women's major fastpitch national titles. Currently he is coaching in the Pro Fastpitch Xtreme Tour. He also edited and contributed to The Softball Drill Book (Human Kinetics, 2007). Contributing author Mona Stevens was a University of Utah softball stalwart, coaching from 1996 - 2005. She led her team to three NCAA Tournament appearances, three Mountain West Conference Tournament titles, and one regular-season championship. Throughout her coaching career, Stevens amassed a 281-239-1 (.540) record. In addition to coaching at the collegiate level, she has served as a coach for national and international competitions. In 1989 she created Mona Stevens Enterprises, conducting workshops, clinics, and camps for thousands of coaches and players annually. Stevens is the author of The Fastpitch Softball Drill Book: A Coaches' Guide to Common Problems and Corrections. She also coauthored the Softball Coaching Bible (Human Kinetics, 2002).
- Author(s)American Sport Education Program
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2005
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Out-of-print date19/06/2013
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 176 black & white halftones
- Weight726 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.