All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCoaching is often discussed as if it is a new 'profession' without adequate attention to how it has evolved, what underpins its practice or its training methods. Situating coaching in a wider social and historical context, Coaching and Mentoring: A Critical Text reveals that contemporary 'coaching theory' is more a collection of models and approaches mostly transferred from psychotherapy theory. Coaching claims to liberate creativity but can also entrap us by individualizing social experience. This vital new book brings a fresh and critical perspective on coaching and mentoring, challenging its rmative assumptions and narratives, and proposing an ethical and emancipatory approach that takes it beyond instrumentalism and individualism. Key features: - Accounts for how coaching has emerged and what discourses and rmative practices underpin and influence contemporary coaching practice. - Develops a meta-theory of coaching that acts as a baseline for future developments. - Offers frames of thinking to support and guide coaching and mentoring practitioners and educators.
- Author BiographySimon is currently director of Analytic-Network Coaching Ltd, offering a researched and innovative new coaching process, that aims to transform the way coaching impacts on both individuals and organizations. He works strategically with CEOs and leadership teams in complex environments, such as banks and hospital eco-systems to implement whole-system changes. A-Nc Ltd has developed accessible and effective OD change processes, delivered through distributed leadership networks, whilst working with strategic coaching to CEOs and senior teams. This dual approach recognizes the need for alignment and full engagement between senior leaders and employees throughout the organization, to create dynamic and sustainable change. Recent clients include London Business School, Global OD Team HSBC Bank, CEO of international bank, CEO and leadership teams in the NHS, Education sector, not-for-profit organizations and SMEs. Simon draws on an unusually diverse and rich work experience, having previously worked in a factory, as a general and psychiatric nurse, psycho-therapist and Family Therapist, a clinical NHS manager, organizational consultant, executive coach, academic and company director.
- Author(s)Simon Western
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, figures
- Weight590 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.