All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe use of coal is required to help satisfy the world's energy needs. Yet coal is a difficult fossil fuel to consume efficiently and cleanly. We believe that its clean and efficient use can be increased through improved techlogy based on a thorough understanding of fundamental physical and chemical processes that occur during consumption. The principal objective of this book is to provide a current summary of this techlogy. The past techlogy for describing and analyzing coal furnaces and combus- tors has relied largely on empirical inputs for the complex flow and chemical reactions that occur while more formally treating the heat-transfer effects. GrOWing concern over control of combustion-generated air pollutants revealed a lack of understanding of the relevant fundamental physical and chemical mechanisms. Recent technical advances in computer speed and storage capacity, and in numerical prediction of recirculating turbulent flows, two-phase flows, and flows with chemical reaction have opened new opportunities for describing and modeling such complex combustion systems in greater detail. We believe that most of the requisite component models to permit a more fundamental description of coal combustion processes are available. At the same time there is worldwide interest in the use of coal, and progress in modeling of coal reaction processes has been steady.
- Author(s)L. Douglas Smoot,Philip J. Smith
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/08/2013
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitlePlenum Chemical Engineering Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight669 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.