All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionIndia is in an era of coalition politics in which state politics plays a major role. This compact book breaks new ground in empirical discoveries about the basis of stable coalitions in Indian states, and also theorises the viability of multi-party coalition governments at the national level in comparative perspective, and examines the dynamics of competition and coalition formation. It consists of two chapters on national-level coalitions and five chapters on states that have had significant experience of coalition politics - West Bengal, Kerala, Punjab, Maharashtra and Bihar. All chapters are based on extensive data collection and interview-based fieldwork with political actors. The key findings are summarised in the concluding chapter, that is, there is a clear pattern across states to the stability of coalitions at the state level over time, and consists of two central factors - stable pre-electoral seat-sharing and portfolio-sharing arrangements.
- Author BiographyE. Sridharan is the Academic Director of the University of Pennsylvania Institute for the Advanced Study of India (in New Delhi). He is a political scientist who has researched comparative politics, political economy of development, and international relations. He is the author or editor of 9 books and has published 58 journal articles and chapters in edited volumes. He is the Editor of India Review , a pan-social science refereed (Routledge, USA) quarterly on India, and is on the Editorial Board of the UK-based journal, Commonwealth and Comparative Politics . He did his PhD in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania, USA.
- PublisherAcademic Foundation
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationGhaziabad
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintAcademic Foundation
- Weight885 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byEswaran Sridharan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.