All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guidebook to 40 half and full day coastal walks in Andalucia. The graded routes, which are suitable for any reasonably fit walker, range from 6km to 19.5km and can be walked all year round. The walks are located in seven of the region's most beautiful National Parks and protected areas (including La Brena y las Marismas, Los Alcorcales y del Estrecho, La Sierra de las Nieves and Nijar-Cabo de Gata) and are mostly circular in nature, negating the need for any logistical legwork. Step-by-step route descriptions for each walk are accompanied by 1:50,000 mapping, together with information about points of interest en route. Also included is a useful glossary and route summary table, plus all the practical information needed to explore Andalucia's coast on foot - equipment, safety, when to go, refreshments, accommodation and more. The picturesque coastline of Andalucia is a walker's dream. Sandwiched between mountain and sea, walkers are rewarded with both dazzling mountain vistas and stunning seascapes. The sense of history embedded in these ancient coastal byways - which dates back to ages past - is an added delight, making the walking all the richer.
- Author BiographyGuy Hunter-Watts has lived and worked in Andalucia since the 1980s. After studying at the universities of Santiago and Salamanca he taught English in South America before moving to the Ronda mountains where he has been leading guided walks for almost 25 years. His work as a walking guide and freelance journalist has taken him to many corners of the planet including India, Namibia, Tanzania, Latin America and Mongolia.
- Author(s)Guy Hunter-Watts
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note127 photos 51 maps
- Weight300 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.