All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIssues of sustainability and increased competition over coastal resources are changing practices of resource management. Societal concerns about environmental degradation and loss of coastal resources have steadily increased, while other issues like food security, biodiversity, and climate change, have emerged. A full set of social, ecological and ecomic objectives to address these issues are recognized, but there is agreement on how to implement them. This interdisciplinary and big picture book - through a series of vivid case studies from environments throughout the world - suggests how to achieve these new resource management principles in practical, accessible ways.
- Author BiographyFikret Berkes is Distinguished Professor and Tier 1 Canada Research Chair at the Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Canada. His studies on community-based resource management and the use of commons in a number of regions of the world have led to insights regarding the management of coastal and marine resources. Dr. Berkes has authored some 250 peer-reviewed journal papers and chapters and ten books, including Sacred Ecology (Routledge, 2012), Navigating Social-Ecological Systems (Cambridge University Press, 2003), and Managing Small-Scale Fisheries (IDRC, 2001).
- Author(s)Fikret Berkes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/03/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.