Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe properties of materials depend on the characteristics of the bulk and on those of the surf ace. Any change in surface characteristics affects a wide variety of material properties. During the last few years the role of surface phemena in metallurgy has been the subject of many studies. Surface energy, surface tension, the activity of surfaces, and related problems are under discussion in the western world * as well as in the eastern world. t The relation between volume and surface properties in metals and alloys has been investigated and is still under investigation. Materials are frequently exposed to environments which change their physical and chemical characteristics on account of a reaction going on between the material surface and the environment. The science and techlogy of surface preparation ro improve material properties have gained importance during the last decade in many parts of the world. Main efforts have been concentrated especially on the coating of material surfaces in connection with the exposure of these materials to space en- vironment.
- Author(s)Henry Herman Hausner
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/12/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note234 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight588 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1966
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.