Cochlear Implants: A Practical Guide by Louise Craddock, H. Cooper (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $129.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.95+ AU $8.50 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by books4sharing
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive multi-author handbook covering all aspects of cochlear implantation, fully updated since its first edition was published in 1991. All aspects of this rapidly developing field are covered, from implant design, speech processing strategies, assessment and rehabilitation of children and adults to future developments. Chapters written by implant users and their parents give fascinating insight into the experience of hearing again with a cochlear implant.
- Author BiographyHuw R. Cooper, MSc, Consultant Audiological Scientist, after obtaining his Master's degree in audiology at Southampton University in 1983, joined the team at University College Hospital, London, where he initially worked on tinnitus research. He was then closely involved in the set-up and development of the new UCH/RNID Cochlear Implant Programme, which led the way in establishing cochlear implantation in the UK. Since 1991, he has managed the audiology services at University Hospital Birmingham, including overseeing the growth and development of the Midlands Adult and the Birmingham Children's Cochlear Implant Programmes. His research interests include Neural Response Telemetry and Auditory Perceptual Grouping, on which topic he is currently working towards a PhD. Huw lives just outside Birmingham with his wife and three teenage children. Louise C. Craddock, MSc, CCC-A, Audiological Scientist, originally trained as a teacher of hearing-impaired children and taught in London for twelve years before obtaining her MSc in Audiology at the University of Washington in Seattle. Since then she has worked on the UCL Adult and Nuffield Paediatric Cochlear Implant Programmes in London and is now the Co-ordinator of the Midlands Adult Cochlear Implant Programme in Birmingham. She has a research interest in objective measures in cochlear implantation, particularly in Neural Response Telemetry, and has published and presented her work in this area. Louise lives in Birmingham with her husband and two young daughters.
- Author(s)H. Cooper,Louise Craddock
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/12/2005
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhurr Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight648 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $34.01Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.