All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe cockroach is truly an evolutionary wonder. This definitive volume provides a complete overview of suborder Blattaria, highlighting the diversity of these amazing insects in their natural environments. Beginning with a foreword by Edward O. Wilson, the book explores the fascinating natural history and behavior of cockroaches, describing their various colors, sizes, and shapes, as well as how they move on land, in water, and through the air. In addition to habitat use, diet, reproduction, and behavior, Cockroaches covers aspects of cockroach biology, such as the relationship between cockroaches and microbes, termites as social cockroaches, and the ecological impact of the suborder. With over 100 illustrations, an expanded glossary, and an invaluable set of references, this work is destined to become the classic book on the Blattaria. Students and research entomologists can mine each chapter for new ideas, new perspectives, and new directions for future study.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Bell (1943-1998) was a revered entomologist specializing in insect physiology and behavior. His two-volume work, Chemical Ecology of Insects (coedited with R. T. Carde), is considered a classic in the field. Louis M. Roth (1918-2003) was an acknowledged world expert on cockroaches at Harvard University. Christine A. Nalepa is a research specialist with the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and an adjunct associate professor of entomology at North Carolina State University. She works on a variety of insects, including beetles, wasps, cockroaches, and termites.
- Author(s)Christine A. Nalepa,Louis M. Roth,William J. Bell
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note163, 76 black & white illustrations, 71 black & white line drawings, 16 black & white halftones
- Weight703 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byEdward O. Wilson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.