All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionBeautifully produced in traditional Chinese binding with a cloth cover and string, and with a timeless design, this book includes the classic Inazo text with a new introduction. It will appeal to anyone interested in leadership, the bility of the Samurai and Japanese culture.Bushido is the chivalric code of moral principles that the Samurai followed: rectitude, frugality, courage, benevolence, respect, honesty, hour and loyalty. Influenced by Confucianism, Shinto and Zen Buddhism, it tempers the violence of a warrior with wisdom and serenity. Alongside Sun Tzu s The Art of War and Machiavelli s The Prince, Inazo s book has become influential among military and corporate leaders looking for ways to manage their people and overcome their opponents. The term bushido was originally used in the 17th Century and came into common use around the world after the original publication of this book in 1899. In the tradition of the Kojiki, the Heike Mogatari, and The Book of Five Rings, this collection of principles sheds a great deal of clarity on the evolution of the Japanese Samurai culture.
- Author BiographyInazo Nitobe was a scholar, educator, diplomat and statesman. After studying at Johns Hopkins University he maintained his links with the US and tried throughout his academic career 'to become a bridge across the Pacific'. He attended the Paris Peace Conference in 1919 and then joined the newly established League of Nations. Nitobe wrote many works, of which Bushido: The Soul of Japan is perhaps the best known and established his reputation in the West. Nitobe's portrait featured on the Y5,000 note from 1984 to 2004.
- Author(s)Inazo Nitobe
- PublisherChartwell Books
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChartwell Books
- Weight771 g
- Width196 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.