All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionThis story is fiction based in part on the life of Robert A. Boyd while he served in the United States Air Force in the mid 1960's. The story centers around the US Military during a time of civil unrest in America and the uncertanty of survival if a man joined the US Military from 1965 thru 1968 at a time American citizens fought t only the US Government, and each other, for race equality, peace, and freedom from oppression, but the unpopular, to its citizens and especially its military personnel, Vietnam War. Its writings detail the names and locations of actual top-secret US military bases that were used, located both inside and outside Vietnam in 1967 and 1968, and many highly detailed scout sniper missions that includes actual mission locations and targets. This is a story about the so called, 'best against the best', sniper against sniper, about one top-secret scout-sniper team sent out against emense odds on a deadly continent. The book includes detailed sexual content; its combat depictions include very graphic violence, torture, terrorism, period prejudicial language, slurs, and acts, plus race and theater of war specific slang language. These inclusions are necessary to the story for the period of which it was written, and are t meant to debase, slander, or affront anyone or any race. They are simply recreations of period historical fact.
- Author BiographyThis is the story about a young man, one of the thousands of young men, who joined the US Military during the Vietnam conflict. This young man however, Unlike most that he grew up around who knew nothing about guns, had his younger years filled with weapons training and competitive shooting twice or more times a week while growing up under the tutilage of a military father, a man who was also an NRA pistol and rifle instructor and match shooter. By the time the boy left home at the age of seventeen, he had acquired the ratings and position of NRA qualified range officer, shooting instructor and match shooter.
- Date of Publication29/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1052 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byMR Robert a Boyd,Mrs Sheryl S Boyd
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.