Codifying Choice of Law Around the World: An International Comparative Analysis by Symeon C. Symeonides (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $162.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $153.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCodifying Choice of Law Around the World chronicles, documents, and celebrates the extraordinary, massive country-by-country codification of Private International Law (PrIL) or Conflict of Laws that has taken place in the last 50 years from 1962-2012. During this period, the world has witnessed the adoption of nearly 200 PrIL codifications, EU Regulations, and international conventions--more than in all preceding years since the inception of PrIL. This book provides a horizontal comparison and discussion of these codifications and conventions, firstly by comparing the way they resolve tort and contract conflicts, and then by comparing the answers of these codifications to the fundamental philosophical and methodological dilemmas of PrIL. In the process, this book re-examines and dispels certain widely held assumptions about choice of law, and the art and science of codification in general. Written by Symeon C. Symeonides, a rewned PrIL and comparative law expert with extensive first-hand experience in drafting codifications and advising other drafters, Codifying Choice of Law Around the World will serve as an indispensable point of reference for any serious study or discussion of PrIL and comparative law.
- Author BiographySymeon C. Symeonides is the Alex L. Parks Distinguished Professor of Law and Dean Emeritus at Willamette University School of Law. He is a renowned expert in comparative conflicts law, having published 24 books and more than 100 articles, in seven languages, on conflict of laws and comparative private international law (PrIL). His work has been characterized as brilliant and engrossing receiving four scholarly prizes, including one for life-time achievement from the American Society of Comparative Law. Reviewers have called him a conflicts giant the world's leading expert on comparative conflicts law, and the father of codification. He drafted three path-breaking PrIL codifications (for Louisiana, Puerto Rico, and Oregon) and has provided legislative advice to the EU Parliament, the EU Council, and several national governments.
- Author(s)Symeon C. Symeonides
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight734 g
- Width163 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.