Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $59.53+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'Can give you some idea of the vision you are trying to transmit amidst all those examination results' - Management in Education 'The powerful ideas ...in the First Edition have gained ...urgency from the realities of the political policies for education which the intervening years have witnessed in both the USA and the UK...the book's main theme - the narrowness of the concept of education encapsulated in those policies - gains added force from the growing predominance of technicist approaches to curriculum planning' - Professor A V Kelly, Goldsmiths' College, University of London Cognition and Curriculum became a seminal book which was essential reading for students of education over the last decade. Now, as the back-to-basics curriculum and standardized modes of evaluation - whose very foundations Elliot W Eisner was questioning a decade ago - are again finding favour with politicians, Eisner has revised his classic work. The result is Cognition and Curriculum Reconsidered, a substantially revised edition that adds two new chapters, including a critique of the reform efforts of the intervening years.
- Author BiographyElliot W. Eisner is professor emeritus of education and art at Stanford University. He has taught at Stanford since 1965 where he is best known for his scholarship in three fields: arts education, curriculum studies, and educational evaluation. His research interests focus on the development of aesthetic intelligence and the use of critical methods from the arts in studying and improving educational practice. Dr. Eisner has lectured throughout the world and has published more than 17 books, including The Enlightened Eye: Qualitative Inquiry and the Enhancement of Educational Practice, which explores the uses of critical methods from the arts in studying and describing schools, classrooms, and teaching processes. Dr. Eisner is the recipient of numerous awards for his work, including the 2005 Grawemeyer Award, the Palmer O. Johnson Memorial Award from the American Educational Research Association, a John Simon Guggenheim Fellowship, and a Fulbright Fellowship. Professor Eisner has served as president of the American Educational Research Association, the National Art Education Association, and the International Society for Education through Art, and the Jogn Dewey Society.
- Author(s)Elliot W. Eisner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/1996
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight180 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.