All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully updated third edition of the highly praised Cognition and Emotion provides a comprehensive overview of contemporary research on both rmal emotional experience and the emotional disorders. The book provides a comprehensive review of the basic literature on cognition and emotion - it describes the historical background and philosophy of emotion, reviews the main theories of rmal emotions and emotional disorders, and the research on the five basic emotions of fear, anger, sadness, anger, disgust and happiness. The authors provide a unique integration of two areas which are often treated separately: the main theories of rmal emotions rarely address the issue of disordered emotions, and theories of emotional disorders (e.g. depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias) rarely discuss rmal emotions. The book draws these separate strands together, introducing a theoretical framework that can be applied to both rmal and disordered emotions. Cognition and Emotion provides both an advanced textbook for undergraduate and postgraduate courses in addition to a vel approach with a range of implications for clinical practice for work with the emotional disorders.
- Author BiographyMick Power is a Professor of Clinical Psychology at the National University of Singapore. In the past he has worked at universities and hospitals in London, Edinburgh, Norway, Italy, China and New Zealand. He has worked for the Medical Research Council and for many years has been a Research Advisor with the World Health Organization. Tim Dalgleish is a Senior Research Scientist and practising clinical psychologist at the Medical Research Council Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit in Cambridge. His main research interests include psychological reactions to trauma and cognition-emotion relations in the emotional disorders.
- Author(s)Mick Power,Tim Dalgleish
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, 61 black & white line drawings
- Weight877 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.