All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive Analytic Supervision: A relational approach is the first book to present a cognitive analytic perspective on psychotherapy supervision. This edited collection of original chapters reflects the ways in which CAT therapists and supervisors have developed the model and used it in diverse settings. It is a significant contribution to the literature on relational psychotherapy supervision, written by established CAT supervisors, trainers and therapists who, together, have an ermous amount of professional and clinical experience. The book covers important areas such as: the relational theory and practice of CAT supervision a cognitive analytic conceptualization of narcissistic difficulties intercultural issues in supervision (based on CAT training experience in India) ethical and clinical dilemmas in supervision supervision of consultancy work Cognitive Analytic Supervision will be of interest to CAT supervisors, therapists and trainee supervisors, as well as supervisors and therapists working in other therapeutic models, in particular those with a relational approach. This book may be a useful bridge into relationally informed supervision for therapists who do t have an explicitly relational focus.
- Author BiographyDeborah Pickvance is a UKCP registered cognitive analytic psychotherapist, an accredited supervisor and trainer in cognitive analytic therapy. Her experience of psychotherapy supervision spans thirty years; this includes supervising therapists and supervisors practising in many different settings at trainee and post-qualification level. She has worked in NHS psychotherapy and psychology departments, primary care and women's therapy services.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables, 23 black & white line drawings
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDeborah Pickvance
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.