All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCognitive Behavioral Therapy for Adult ADHD: An Integrative Psychosocial and Medical Approach has been revised, updated, and expanded for this second edition and remains the definitive book for clinicians seeking to treat adults with ADHD. Clinicians will continue to benefit from the presentation of an evidence-supported treatment approach for adults with ADHD that combines cognitive behavioral therapy and pharmacotherapy adapted for this challenging clinical population. The updated edition of the book offers new and expanded case examples, and the authors emphasize more detailed, clinician-friendly how to instructions for the delivery of specific interventions for adult patients with ADHD. Understanding that most adults with ADHD say, I kw exactly what I need to do, but I just cant make myself do it, the book pays special attention to the use of implementation strategies to help patients carry out the necessary coping skills to achieve improvements in functioning and well-being in their daily lives. In addition to providing an outline of their treatment approach, Drs. Ramsay and Rostain provide an up-to-date review of the current scientific understanding of the etiology, developmental course, and life outcomes of adults with ADHD as well as the components of an thorough diagstic evaluation. As an added clinical resource, Drs. Ramsay and Rostain have also produced a companion patient handbook written for adults with ADHD, The Adult ADHD Tool Kit: Using CBT to Facilitate Coping Inside and Out, which clinicians can use with their patients.
- Author BiographyJ. Russell Ramsay, PhD, is cofounder and codirector of the Adult ADHD Treatment and Research Program and an associate professor of clinical psychology in psychiatry in the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine. He is cochair of the professional advisory board for the Attention Deficit Disorder Association. Anthony L. Rostain, MD, is cofounder and codirector of the Adult ADHD Treatment and Research Program and a professor of psychiatry and pediatrics in the University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine, where he is also director of education for the department of psychiatry. He is currently president of the American Professional Society of ADHD and Related Disorders (APSARD).
- Author(s)Anthony L. Rostain,J. Russell Ramsay
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.