Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionHazelden's bestselling program for addressing and treating co-occurring disorders is w better than ever. Updated to meet DSM-5 classifications, and with a beautiful new design, new titles that help you immediately find what you need, this evidence-based program addresses issues that directly impact clients living with a substance use disorder and n-severe mental illness. Cognitive - Behavioral Therapy uses the evidence-based practice of cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) to help clients address co-occurring substance use and psychiatric disorders. Three main topics are covered throughout this manual: Breathing retraining - helps clients deal with and reduce physical tension and anxiety; Education about co-occurring disorders - helps clients understand their disease and learn ways to handle problems associated with their co-occurring disorder in a better and more straightforward way; Cognitive restructuring (or CR ) - helps clients deal with upsetting or negative emotions. With the education provided through these key topics, clients will gain the kwledge and skills to continue practicing CBT techniques on their own. The accompanying CD-ROM includes reproducible handouts to help your clients continue to improve, even after formal treatment ends.
- Author BiographyThe authors are national leaders in the research and treatment of co-occurring disorders from the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth. They include Mark McGovern, Ph.D., Robert E. Drake, M.D., Ph.D., Matthew R. Merrens, Ph.D., Kim T. Mueser, Ph.D., and Mary F. Brunette, M.D.
- Author(s)Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- PublisherHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Date of Publication30/11/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleHazelden Co-Occurring Disorders Program
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHazelden Information & Educational Services
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.