All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial phobia, or social anxiety disorder, is among the most common (and debilitating) of the anxiety disorders, and at any given time it effects somewhere between 3 and 5% of the US population, with similar statistics found in countries around the world. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has been demonstrated to be the most effective form of treatment for social phobia, but research has shown that conventional CBT principles and general interventions fall short of the mark. With this in mind, Hofmann and Otto have composed an organized treatment approach that includes specifically designed interventions to strengthen the relevant CBT strategies. This volume builds upon empirical research to address the psychopathology and heterogeneity of social phobia, creating a series of specific interventions with numerous case examples.
- Author BiographyStefan G. Hofmann, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the Department of Psychology at Boston University and the director of the social anxiety program at the Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders. Hofmann is co-president of the Anxiety Disorders Special Interest Group of the Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy (AABT). Michael W. Otto, Ph.D., is a Professor in the Clinical Psychology Program at Boston University. He sits on the scientific advisory board of the Anxiety Disorders Association of American (ADAA), and is President-Elect (2004-2005) of the Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy. Dr. Otto is a fellow of the American Psychological Association and he serves as a section editor for Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, and on the editorial boards of Anxiety, Behavior Research and Therapy, Clinical Psychology: Science and Practice, Journal of Anxiety Disorders, Journal Watch in Psychiatry, and Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics.
- Author(s)Michael W. Otto,Stefan G. Hofmann
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/07/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePractical Clinical Guidebooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.