All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionFrom a leading expert in cognitive-behavioral therapy and couple and family therapy, this comprehensive guide combines research and clinical wisdom. The author shows how therapeutic techniques originally designed for individuals have been successfully adapted for couples and families struggling with a wide range of relationship problems and stressful life transitions. Vivid clinical examples illustrate the process of conducting thorough assessments, implementing carefully planned cognitive and behavioral interventions, and overcoming roadblocks. Used as a practitioner resource and text worldwide, the book highlights ways to enhance treatment by drawing on current kwledge about relationship dynamics, attachment, and neurobiology. Cultural diversity issues are woven throughout. See also Dattilio's edited volume, Case Studies in Couple and Family Therapy, which features case presentations from distinguished practitioners plus commentary from Dattilio on how to integrate systemic and cognitive perspectives.
- Author BiographyFrank M. Dattilio, PhD, ABPP, holds faculty positions with the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He is also in the private practice of clinical and forensic psychology and marital and family therapy in Allentown, Pennsylvania. With more than 280 professional publications in the areas of couple and family problems, anxiety and behavioral disorders, and forensic and clinical psychology, Dr. Dattilio has presented extensively on CBT throughout the world. His works have been translated into more than 30 languages and are used in over 80 countries. He serves on the editorial boards of a number of professional journals, including the Journal of Marital and Family Therapy and Contemporary Family Therapy. Dr. Dattilio is a recipient of numerous awards for outstanding achievement in the fields of psychology and psychotherapy, including, most recently, the MFT of the Year Award from the Pennsylvania Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and the Outstanding Contribution to Marriage and Family Therapy Award from the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- Author(s)Frank M. Dattilio
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Notediagrams, figures
- Weight410 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.