All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of dissociation is relevant to anyone undertaking research or treatment of mental health problems. Cognitive Behavioural Approaches to the Understanding and Treatment of Dissociation uses a cognitive approach to de-mystify the processes involved in linking traumatic incidents to their effects. Kennedy, Kennerley and Pearson present a full and comprehensive understanding of mental health problems involving dissociative disorders and their treatment, bringing together an international range of experts. Each chapter addresses a single topic in full, including assessment of previous research from a cognitive perspective, recommendations for treatment and case studies to illustrate clinical approaches. Using an evidence-based scientific approach combined with the wisdom of clinical experience, the authors make the relevance of dissociation immediately recognisable to those familiar with PTSD, dissociative identity disorder, eating disorders, hallucinations and a wide range of psychological and n-organic physical health disorders. Designed to provide new perspectives on both research and treatment, Cognitive Behavioural Approaches to the Understanding and Treatment of Dissociation includes a wide range of material that will appeal to clinicians, academics and students.
- Author BiographyFiona Kennedy, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, was formerly an NHS Director of Psychology and is now MD of GreenWood Mentors Ltd. She has published on dissociation and specializes clinically in adult survivors of trauma, personality disorder and dissociation. Helen Kennerley, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, is a founder member of the Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre and Director of the Diploma/MSc in Advanced Cognitive Therapy Studies. She is an experienced clinician specializing in childhood trauma, dissociative disorders and self-injurious behaviours. David Pearson, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, is a specialist in child and adolescent mental health, formerly an NHS Head of Psychology and Honorary Tutor at the University of Southampton. He has published in a number of peer-reviewed journals.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 38 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid Pearson,Fiona C. Kennedy,Helen Kennerley
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.