All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this edited volume, experts on the treatment of dementia associated with Parkinson's Disease (PD) describe in detail the current status of kwledge in their respective area of expertise. The importance and clinical relevance of cognitive impairment and dementia in PD is emphasized, all relevant aspects including epidemiology, full and detailed spectrum of clinical features, current kwledge on pathology, neurochemistry and genetics, findings in auxillary investigations, relation to other neurodegenerative disorders, diagstic process and management are described, rounded-up by discussion of future research directions and expectations. The text is complemented and enriched with tables, figures and is heavily referenced thereby capturing all relevant literature.
- Author BiographyProfessor Murat Emre was born in 1956 in Eregli, Turkey. After studying medicine at the Istanbul Faculty of Medicine he trained in Neuroscience and Clinical Neurology at the University of Zurich. He then worked in the fields of neurorehabilitation and clinical research in Switzerland for several years. He trained in movement disorders with Prof. David Marsden at the Queen Square National Hospital for Nervous Diseases, London and in behavioral neurology with Prof. Marsel Mesulam at the Beth Israel Hospital and Harvard Medical School. In 1996 he was appointed as Professor of Neurology at the Istanbul Faculty of Medicine where he started the Behavioral Neurology and Movement Disorders Unit, which he has chaired for many years. His research interests are in Parkinson's disease and related disorders, in particular cognitive aspects of the disease, Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight728 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMurat Emre
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.