All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe papers collected in the present volume show that the terms cognitivism and cognitive, so common in present day linguistic discourse, do t refer to a single theoretical mode or approach to language. Firstly, the papers show that cognitivism is a lively research area accommodating a wide spectrum of approaches. Secondly, they address a number of issues ranging from grammaticalization, event structure, semantic representation, equivalence, image schematic representations and lexicography to poetry, metaphor, metonymy, and national mentality. Some of the contributions deal with the linguistic phemena in one language, while others take up a cross-linguistic approach.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk is a graduate of the University of Lodz, where she is Professor Ordinarius and Chair of English Language at present. Her research interests are primarily in semantics and pragmatics of natural language, corpus linguistics, and their applications in translation studies and lexicography. She has published a number of books and papers in those areas and organised numerous conferences and seminars. Over the years Barbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk has been invited to read papers at international conferences and to lecture and conduct seminars at European and American universities.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- Series TitlePolish Studies in English Language & Literature
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note2 graph.
- Weight310 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byBarbara Lewandowska-Tomaszczyk
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.