Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
About this product
- DescriptionThistextbook analyzes some central phemena of the sound system of standard Southern British English and General American in the framework of Cognitive Linguistics and Construction Grammar. The sound patterns are examined from the point of view of the central function of language, that is, the expression of meaning. The topics covered range from articulatory phonetics and the more abstract phological systems to word stress and intonation. The target readership includes both students and teachers of English and linguistics.
- Author BiographyRiitta Valimaa-Blum is Associate Professor at the Universite de Nice, France.
- Author(s)Riitta Valimaa-Blum
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication17/10/2005
- Series TitleMouton Textbook
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight543 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.