All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionFueled by ongoing and increasing consumer demand, the explosive growth in spectrum-based communications continues to tax the finite resources of the available spectrum. One possible solution, Cognitive Radio Network (CRN), allows unlicensed users opportunistic access to licensed bands without interfering with existing users. Although some initial study has been conducted in this field, researchers need a systematic reference book that presents clear definitions, functions, and current challenges of the CRNs. Cognitive Radio Networks presents state-of-the-art approaches and vel techlogies for cognitive wireless radio networks and sheds light on future developments in these areas. Comprising the contributions of many prominent world-wide cognitive radio researchers, this book covers all CRN essentials including spectrum sensing, spectrum handoff, spectrum sharing, and CRN routing schemes. Divided into five parts, the book addresses the physical layer, medium access control, the routing layer, cross-layer considerations and advanced topics in cognitive radio networks. The chapters also review research, management, support, and cognitive techniques such as position and network awareness, infrastructure and physical and link layer concerns. The editors of this volume are ted experts in the field of wireless networks and security. Dr. Yang Xiao's research has been supported by the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF), U.S. Army Research, Fleet & Industrial Supply Center San Diego (FISCSD), and the University of Alabama's Research Grants Committee. Dr. Fei Hu has worked with NSF, Cisco, Lockheed Martin, Sprint, and other organizations. By bringing together the combined input of international experts, these editors have advanced the field of this nascent techlogy and helped to forge new paths of discovery for progressive communications possibilities.
- Author BiographyThe University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, USA
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note154 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byFei Hu,Yang Xiao
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.