All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionVerbs play an important role in how events, states and other happenings are mentally represented and how they are expressed in natural language. Besides their central role in linguistics, verbs have long been prominent topics of research in analytic philosophy-mostly on the nature of events and predicate-argument structure-and a topic of empirical investigation in psycholinguistics, mostly on argument structure and its role in sentence comprehension. More recently, the representation of verb meaning has been gaining momentum as a topic of research in other cognitive science branches, tably neuroscience and the psychology of concepts. The present volume is an expression of this recent surge in the investigation of verb structure and meaning from the interdisciplinary perspective of cognitive science, with up-to-date contributions by theoretical linguists, philosophers, psycholinguists and neuroscientists. The volume presents new theoretical and empirical studies on how verb structure and verb meaning are represented, how they are processed during language comprehension, how they are acquired, and how they are neurologically implemented. Cognitive Science Perspectives on Verb Representation and Processing is a reflection of the recent collaboration between the disciplines that constitute cognitive science, bringing new empirical data and theoretical insights on a key element of natural language and conceptualization.
- Author BiographyDr. Roberto G. de Almeida is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at Concordia University, in Montreal, Canada. He received his PhD in Psychology (Cognitive Science) from Rutgers University. Dr. Christina Manouilidou is a Assistant Professor in the Department of Philology at the University of Patras, Greece. She received her PhD in Linguistics from the University of Ottawa, Canada.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations, 15 black & white tables, biography
- Weight648 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byChristina Manouilidou,Roberto G. De Almeida
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.