Cognitive Therapy for Adolescents in School Settings by Jarrod Reisweber, Aaron T. Beck, Torrey A. Creed (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis first concise guide to conducting cognitive therapy (CT) with adolescents in school settings features in-depth case examples and hands-on clinical tools. The authors-who include rewned CT originator Aaron T. Beck-provide an accessible introduction to the cognitive model and demonstrate specific therapeutic techniques. Strategies are illustrated for engaging adolescents in therapy, rapidly creating an effective case conceptualization, and addressing a range of clinical issues and stressors frequently experienced in grades 6-12. The challenges and rewards of school-based CT are discussed in detail. In a convenient large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book contains 16 reproducible handouts, worksheets, and forms. Purchasers also get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials. This book is in The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series.
- Author BiographyTorrey A. Creed, PhD, is a clinical psychologist with the Psychopathology Research Unit at the University of Pennsylvania and the Center for Family Intervention Science at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. She is also Project Director and Lead Trainer in the Child Expansion of the Beck Initiative, a collaboration between the University of Pennsylvania and the City of Philadelphia's Department of Behavioral Health and Mental Retardation Services, which trains community therapists to conduct cognitive therapy for prevention and treatment of a variety of problems and disorders, including suicide, depression, trauma, substance misuse, depression, and anxiety in youth. Dr. Creed's primary research interests include cognitive therapy, treatment outcome with youth and families, suicide, and trauma. She has provided direct intervention for children and adolescents in schools and trained mental health care professionals to practice cognitive therapy in a range of school settings. Jarrod Reisweber, PsyD, is Acute Services Coordinator for veterans in Philadelphia and a program director in the Psychopathology Research Unit at the University of Pennsylvania. His clinical interests include suicide prevention, substance abuse treatment, intervention programs for externalizing males, and cognitive therapy for individuals with schizophrenia. Dr. Reisweber has trained clinicians to conduct cognitive therapy in school, correctional, and community mental health settings; presented internationally on anger management and suicide prevention programs for high school students; and published on interventions and consultation in high schools. Aaron T. Beck, MD, is the founder of cognitive therapy, University Professor Emeritus of Psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania, and President Emeritus of the Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy. Dr. Beck is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Albert Lasker Clinical Medical Research Award, the American Psychological Association (APA) Lifetime Achievement Award, the American Psychiatric Association Distinguished Service Award, the Robert J. and Claire Pasarow Foundation Award for Research in Neuropsychiatry, and the Institute of Medicine's Sarnat International Prize in Mental Health and Gustav O. Lienhard Award.
- Author(s)Aaron T. Beck,Jarrod Reisweber,Torrey A. Creed
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight429 g
- Width266 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $30.78New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.