All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the authors' decades of influential work in the field, this highly practical volume presents an evidence-based cognitive therapy approach for clients with schizophrenia. Guidelines are provided for collaborative assessment and case formulation that enable the clinician to build a strong therapeutic relationship, establish reasonable goals, and tailor treatment to each client's needs. Described in thorough, step-by-step detail are effective techniques for working with delusional beliefs, voices, visions, thought disorders, and negative symptoms; integrating cognitive therapy with other forms of treatment; reducing relapse risks; and enhancing client motivation. Special features include reproducible client handouts and assessment tools.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Kingdon, MD, is a psychiatrist in the UK National Health Service and a Professor at the University of Southampton. He has published widely on cognitive therapy of severe mental illness, among other topics. He has also served as an advisor with the UK Department of Health and as chair of the Council of Europe's Expert Working Group on Psychiatry and Human Rights. Douglas Turkington, MD, is a liaison psychiatrist at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK. He is also Professor of Psychosocial Psychiatry in the School of Neurology, Neuroscience and Psychiatry at Newcastle University. A founding fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, he presents widely on the topic of cognitive-behavioral therapy of schizophrenia, and is actively involved in treatment development and research.
- Author(s)David G. Kingdon,Douglas Turkington
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/04/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleGuides to Individualized Evidence-based Treatment
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight430 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.