Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $105.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe last decade has witnessed a dramatic shift in theory, research, and treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD). Traditional behavioral models of the disorder have increasingly been integrated with cognitive perspectives, leading to better scientific understanding and enhanced treatment approaches. From leading scientist-practitioner David A. Clark, this authoritative, highly practical book reviews the breadth of current kwledge on OCD and its treatment and sets forth a cutting-edge framework for therapeutic work. Provided are readily applicable clinical tools that are theoretically grounded and evidence-based, making this an essential resource for anyone studying or treating this chronic and often debilitating disorder. Initial chapters explore the complexities of OCD, reviewing its diagsis, course, clinical presentation, and subtypes, and examining how obsessions and compulsions develop and are maintained. Elaborating on and refining existing cognitive and behavioral theories, Clark presents an expanded account of obsessional phemena which forms the basis of his invative treatment approach. The latter portion of the book spells out the nuts and bolts of clinical intervention. Strategies are outlined for cognitive-behavioral assessment and case conceptualization, and available OCD assessment instruments are reviewed. Chapters then offer step-by-step guidelines for conducting an array of carefully planned cognitive and behavioral interventions. Throughout, emphasis is placed on helping clients modify t only their primary appraisals and beliefs about intrusive thoughts, but also their faulty secondary appraisals of mental control. Including a wealth of case examples, sample dialogues, troubleshooting tips, and quick-reference tables and charts, the volume is readable and clinician-friendly. Reproducible appendices feature over a dozen requisite rating scales, client handouts, and homework tasks. Scholarly yet accessible, this state-of-the-science book belongs on the desks of cognitive-behavioral therapists; clinicians of other orientations who may encounter clients with OCD in their practice; and students and residents in the full range of mental health fields. It will serve as a uniquely informative text for graduate-level courses and clinical training programs.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Clark, Phd, is a professor in the Department of Psychology, University of New Brunswick, Canada. He Received his doctorate from the Institute of Psychiatry, University of London, England. Dr. Clark has published widely on cognitive theory and therapy of depression and OCD, and is a founding fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy.
- Author(s)David A. Clark
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication08/01/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.