All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionOver the centuries Britain's soil has yielded countless spectacular hoards of ancient coins and other artefacts, affording us priceless insights into our ancestors' lives - and it is t only such large finds that await discovery but also many thousands of individual pieces. Wonderfully, discoveries both mir and momentous are frequently made t by teams of professionals but by amateur archaeologists and metal-detector enthusiasts, for whom this book is intended as a helpful companion. It provides a catalogue of commonly encountered coins, dating from ancient times until the modern day, explaining their historical context, how they might have come to be lost and where they may be found today.
- Author BiographyMichael Cuddeford specialises in numismatics and is a member of the Essex Numismatic Society and editor of their journal, a member of the British Numismatic Society and a Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society. He is also a member of the Essex Society for Archaeology and History and to date has published a number of papers in academic journals and more than a dozen books dealing with coins, artefacts and local history.
- Author(s)Michael Cuddeford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number746
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note10 b/w; 300 col
- Weight151 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.