All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionMoney isn't just coins, bank tes or clamshells; it is more than a store of value or unit of payment. It's an idea, a transformative player in how we view, cope, and harmonise with the world. Like it or t, money is a measure of status, well-being, and our chances to survive and thrive. Money isn't just what makes the world go around; it is largely what makes each of us go around. In Coined, Kabir Sehgal travels the world while presenting a multidimensional portrait of currency through the ages. He explores the origin of exchange in the Galapagos Islands, searches for hoards of coins from an ancient civilization in Bangladesh, and learns about the art that appears on money from coin collectors in Vietnam. He takes you from the vaults beneath the Federal Reserve in New York to a beehive where pollen can be understood as a natural form of exchange. He details the birth of money, to its place in our culture both past and present, to how the obsession for it can lead to death and destruction, all the while mixing engaging and entertaining stories from the front lines of global currency exchange with extensive, thoughtful research. The story of money is rich and varied because it is our story.
- Author BiographyKabir Sehgal works in strategy at First Data Corporation, a global payment technology firm. He was previously a vice president at J.P. Morgan, advising asset managers on investments in emerging markets. A New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author, he has written five books. He is also a jazz musician and Grammy-winning producer. He serves as an officer in the US Navy Reserve and is a graduate of Dartmouth College and the London School of Economics.
- Author(s)Kabir Sehgal
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Weight442 g
- Width155 mm
- Height323 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.