Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.64+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis vivid account tells the story of the truckers who were driving from the UK to the Middle East in the early 1980s. The journey was rough, tough, exhausting, dirty, uncomfortable and dangerous. Journalist Franklyn Wood reports that 'in the course of the one trip we are following, seven Britons died in accidents.' Among the physical hazards were icy mountain hairpins, unmade roads and desert sandstorms. Human hazards included Kamikaze coach drivers, robbers, mind-numbingly slow border controls, rogue police and the temptations of the drivers' favourite watering holes. The route led from Europe, through Turkey, Iraq (during its war with Iran) and on to the wealth and culture shock of Saudi Arabia. The cargoes were often worth a million pounds. Delivering them and returning home for the next load - this was the Olympics of truck driving. Cola Cowboys was originally published in 1982 when it proved extremely popular. It has been out of print for many years and has been reprinted by popular demand.
- Author(s)Franklyn Wood
- Publisher5m Publishing
- Date of Publication13/03/2010
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOld Pond Publishing Ltd
- Content Note17 photos
- Weight454 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.