All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.71
About this product
- DescriptionImmortalized in film and literature, the 15th century castle of Colditz is remembered t for tales of medieval chivalry or withstanding withering sieges but for its darker past, when it was converted by the Nazis into a prisoner-of-war camp called Oflag IV-C. A natural choice for a prison, Colditz had been used successfully during the First World War and had gained a reputation for being impossible to escape from. But this reputation was dramatically shattered by the ingenuity of the prisoners interned there. This book examines the history of Colditz, the methods used to keep prisoners inside her formidable walls, and the techniques by which her prisoners attempted to escape.
- Author BiographyMichael McNally is 39 years of age and was born, raised and educated in London. Of Irish parentage (one from each side of the border) Michael has had an active interest in Irish history, and military history in particular, from boyhood. He is married with two children and lives in Germany where he works for a major insurance company. The author lives in Germany.
- Author(s)Michael McNally
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/08/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleFortress
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 97
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight257 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Dennis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.