All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCollaborations in Architecture and Engineering focuses on team-building and problem-solving between architects and engineers to prepare you for working together in practice. It provides an overview and foundation for interdisciplinary collaboration so that you can create invative proposals for optimization, performance, and aesthetic goals. It also shows you how to solve real-world problems and how to engage creatively with techlogical challenges so that you can be a productive member of any team. The authors, an architect and an engineer, share guidelines learned from their experiences and observations on how to insure productive communication, engage in interdisciplinary discussions, and establish common goals and values. Throughout the book are many case study examples of architect and engineer collaborations--such as those between SANAA and Mutsuro Sasaki, Foster + Partners and Buro Happold, Steven Holl and Guy Nordenson, and SHoP Architects and ARUP. The book also includes a discussion about integrated project delivery (IPD) contracts and administration, so you'll be ready for better integration.
- Author BiographyClare Olsen holds a Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Studies from Brown University and a Masters of Architecture from the University of California Los Angeles. Olsen has taught at Tulane University, Syracuse University, Cornell University and California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, while concurrently running her practice, C.O.CO. Sinead Mac Namara attended Trinity College Dublin and Princeton University, where she received a Ph.D. in Structural Engineering. She is an Assistant Professor at Syracuse University where she teaches mechanics, structures, interdisciplinary design, and design-build to students of architecture and engineering.
- Author(s)Clare J. Olsen,Sinead Mac Namara
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note100 black & white halftones, 20 black & white line drawings
- Weight657 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.