Collaborative Collection Development: A Practical Guide for Your Library by John M. Haar, James Burgett, Linda L. Phillips (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.52Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThey say two heads are better than one, and where is this more evident than in the possibilities that grow out of libraries collaborating on collection development. To encourage these synergies requires systematic planning, selecting appropriate partners, and a long-term commitment from all parties. In this authoritative and practical guide, three leaders whose institutions have successfully collaborated for a decade share their expertise so others can incorporate their winning strategies. They explain the theoretical principles along with real-world strategies and results from their own experiences and from other consortial projects. For those libraries, both public and academic, interested in stretching limited budgets, Collaborative Collection Development provides the keys to. Expanding your collection; Improving user access; Sharing scarce resources; Overcoming barriers to partnering; Addressing ecomic issues; Creating a framework for success; Promoting and publicizing to attract new users; Building from these successful collaborations, librarians, directors, administrators, managers, deans, and team leaders will find practical planning models that include research, budgeti
- Author BiographyJames Burgett, PhD, MLS, is the collection development coordinator at the University Libraries at the University of Kentucky at Lexingron. He chairs the Academic Library. Council of Kentucky, Collection Development Group. He represents the University of Kentucky on the collections committee of Kentucky's statewide virtual library (KYVL) and is co-editor of the Reference Reviews Europe Annual. John Haar, PhD, MLS, is associate university librarian and associate director of the Central Library at Vanderbilt University. He is a key participant in conceiving, planning, and implementing collaborative collection development with the Universities of Kentucky and Tennessee He was chair of the Center for Research Libraries Group, that created a map for international cooperative collection development projects. He is chair of the Collection Development and Management Section of the Association for Library Collections and Technical Services. Linda L. Phillips, MLS, is head of collection development and management at the University Libraries at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. Where she is also a professor. She is a member-at-large of the Collection & Management Development Section for the Association for Library Collections and Technical Services of ALA and member of the Library Resources & Technical Services editorial board.
- Author(s)James Burgett,John M. Haar,Linda L. Phillips
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication30/06/2004
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.