All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains rigorously reviewed papers on the topics presented by students at The 9th Annual University of North Carolina at Greensboro Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference (UNCG RMSC) that took place on November 2, 2013. All papers are coauthored by student researchers and their faculty mentors. This conference series was inaugurated in 2005, and it w attracts over 150 participants from over 30 universities from North Carolina and surrounding states. The conference is specifically tailored for students to present their research projects that encompass a broad spectrum of topics in mathematics, mathematical biology, statistics, and computer science.
- Author BiographyDr. Jan Rychtar is an associate professor of mathematics at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at UNCG. He earned a Ph.D. in 2004 from the University of Alberta, and he joined the UNCG faculty the same year. He works in mathematical biology and game theory. With Mark Broom, he has co-authored a book Game-theoretical models in biology , and authored or co-authored over 45 papers in peer-reviewed journals. Since 2005, he organizes an annual UNCG Regional Mathematics and Statistics Conference. He has supervised research of over 30 undergraduate students and has served as an Interim Director of the UNCG Office of Undergraduate Research in 2012-2013. He is a councilor for mathematics and computer sciences of the Council of Undergraduate Research. Dr. Sat Gupta received PhD in mathematics from University of Delhi (1977) and PhD in statistics from Colorado State University (1987). He taught at University of Delhi for 6 years, at University of Southern Maine for 18 years, and has been at UNC Greensboro since 2004. He became a Full professor in 1997. His main research area is sampling designs, particularly designs needed for collecting information on sensitive topics where there is a greater likelihood of respondent evasiveness and untruthfulness. He has collaborated with researchers from many fields including biology, marine biology, education, anthropology, psychology, medicine, nursing, and computer science. Some of these collaborative works have been funded by NSF, NIH and other funding agencies. He is founding editor of the Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice besides serving on the editorial boards of several other journals.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication16/11/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Proceedings in Mathematics and Statistics
- Series Part/Volume Number109
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note42 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight426 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJan Rychtar,Maya Chhetri,Ratnasingham Shivaji,Sat Gupta
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.