All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis timely and important work looks at the collaborative health care model for the delivery of mental health care in a primary care setting. This has become the ideal model for the treatment of comorbid medical and psychiatric or psychological disorders. There is also an increased awareness that pharmacological intervention, the most frequently delivered intervention for psychological disorders, is often of limited effectiveness without concurrent specific psychological intervention. The book includes more than two dozen case studies, co-written by clinical psychologists and primary care physicians. It is essential reading for any psychology practitioner in a clinical setting, as well as for health care administrators.
- Author BiographyRodger Kessler is a clinical psychologist who has been doing research in the area of integration of primary health care and mental health care for the past 15 years. Dr. Kessler created a five site medical practice where behavioral health clinicians can deliver evidence-based, integrated medical psychological care. Dr. Kessler's current research focuses on patient compliance with psychological referral in an integrated practice, and the impact of integrated medical psychological care on medical and cost outcomes. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and a Past President of the Vermont Psychological Association.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, biography
- Weight700 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDale Stafford,Rodger Kessler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.