All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionCollaborative Practice for Public Health encourages individuals to consider the opportunities and impacts of working in public health as well as the gains that can be made by working collaboratively. Chapters explore some of the sociological issues that underpin the practice of public health and offer valuable insights into its complexities, addressing how different groups might work together effectively in the creation and delivery of public health policy. The book also examines interprofessional education, and collaborative working in the n-profit sector and in primary care, and discusses why moving out of silos is an important factor in promoting collaborative working, t as a shared occasional endeavour, but as the underpinning experience for practice. Through examples, definitions, and a focus on real-life situations, this practical guide illustrates the different ways in which public health permeates health and social care in the UK and internationally.
- Author BiographyEdited by: Dawne Gurbutt has a background in nursing and midwifery, but spent the majority of her practice career working as a health visitor (public health nurse) prior to moving into education. She has led teams in Public Health, Primary Care, Community care and Allied Health. She worked for two years at the Higher Education Academy (UK) as Discipline Lead for Health working at a strategic level across the UK, providing support and development for the pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning, developing national and international materials and liaising with professional bodies on curriculum. She has a key interest in pedagogy and currently works across multiple schools in Biomedical and Clinical Sciences developing Interprofessional and Collaborative learning. She has a keen interest in Service user and carer engagement and integrated care.
- Author(s)Dawne J. Gurbutt
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleCaipe Collaborative Practice Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRadcliffe Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight294 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.