Collaborative Teaching in Elementary Schools: Making the Co-Teaching Marriage Work! by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'A comprehensive resource for co-teaching teams and their administrators! It is full of ready-to-use, teacher-friendly forms, checklists, and charts. The co-teaching lesson plan forms are phemenal! The number of practical ideas included is astounding' - Michele S. Dalton, School Psychologist, Poudre School District, Ft. Collins, CO. 'A tremendous contribution to the field. This text is for anyone who is thinking about being in, or who is already in, the challenging yet potentially rewarding co-teaching relationship' - Mimi Rosenberg, Graduate Faculty, Bank Street College of Education. To better serve students with disabilities in inclusive primary-level classrooms, schools are partnering general education teachers with special service providers to form committed co-teaching relationships. Using the metaphor of marriage, this lighthearted, highly practical, and teacher-friendly resource from the author of Collaborative Teaching in Secondary Schools provides readers with the tools to successfully set up, conduct, and successfully maintain co-teaching partnerships in any learning environment. Based on the author's extensive experience, this book blends solid educational research and literature with lighthearted humour to help readers nurture co-teaching partnerships through the stages of planning, co-instructing, and co-assessing. Divided into four relationship stages, each section offers: case studies and scenarios of co-teachers in action; field-tested instructional and behavioural strategies with authentic examples; self-assessments to determine teachers' readiness to proceed to the next step in the co-teaching relationship; information on the role of the administrator and how to communicate with parents; and, numerous reproducibles, helpful Web sites, and a list of teacher resources. Collaborative Teaching in Elementary Schools is an easy-to-access, one-stop guide for schools getting started with co-teaching or looking to refine their existing programmes.
- Author BiographyWendy W. Murawski, PhD, is the Michael D. Eisner Endowed Chair and Executive Director for the Center for Teaching and Learning at California State University, Northridge (CSUN). She is a tenured Full Professor in the Department of Special Education, a past president of the Teacher Education Division (TED) for the Council for Exceptional Children, a former Teacher Educator of the Year for the state of California, and the recent recipient of the Outstanding Faculty Award for CSUN. She has authored numerous books, chapters, articles, and handbooks in the areas of co-teaching, collaboration, inclusion, differentiation, and teaching. Wendy owns her own educational consulting company (2 TEACH LLC), loves to travel and speak nationally and internationally, and is a frequently requested keynote speaker. Due to her 12 year old son Kiernan's expertise in dinosaurs and fish, she is also now able to confidently reference Abelisaurus and Goliath Groupers during presentations, when the need arises...you'd be surprised at how often that happens!
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight816 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byWendy W. Murawski
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.