All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this first book-length treatment of collaborative writing in second language (L2) classrooms, Neomy Storch provides a theoretical, pedagogical and empirical rationale for the use of collaborative writing activities in L2 classes, as well as some guidelines about how to best implement such activities in both face-to-face and online mode. The book discusses factors that may impact on the nature and outcomes of collaborative writing, and examines the beliefs about language learning that underpin learners' and teachers' attitudes towards pair and group work. The book critically reviews the available body of research on collaborative writing and identifies future research directions, thereby encouraging researchers to continue investigating collaborative writing activities.
- Author BiographyNeomy Storch is Senior Lecturer in Applied Linguistics and ESL, at the School of Languages and Linguistics, The University of Melbourne. Her research interests include second language writing, peer interaction, feedback on writing, writing development, and the use of the first language in second language learning. She has presented and published widely on these issues, and is co-editor of the Australian Review of Applied Linguistics.
- Author(s)Neomy Storch
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleNew Perspectives on Language and Education
- Series Part/Volume Number31
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight285 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.86Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.