Collage + Cloth = Quilt: Create innovative quilts from photo inspiration by Judi Warren Blaydon (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.02+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionLearn the tips, tricks, and secrets of creating an endless array of adventurous quilt designs inspired by your favourite photos with this practical and easy to follow guide. Packed with simple instructions and full-colour illustrations, Collage+Cloth=Quilt teaches readers how to transform their photography into inspired quilts that speak to the soul. This volume also includes expert advice on how to look for texture, shape and colour when you take photos; how to spot unusual vantage points and intricate details; and how to select fabrics that will give your composition the best possible results.
- Author BiographyJudi Warren Blaydon grew up observing that almost the only days her grandmother's dining room table was not covered by a quilt-in-progress were Thanksgiving and Christmas. She also learned that fabric was a more valuable commodity than a fur coat and that heirloom family quilts were to be treated as treasures. Judi began as a painter, making large acrylic paintings about quilts. It was that same grandmother who said, If you love them so much, why don't you make a real one? With a background in art education, Judi began teaching The Great American Quilt class in the School of Design Adult Program at the Toledo Museum of Art in Ohio in 1976. She currently lectures, judges, and teaches for conferences and guilds in the United States, Switzerland, and Japan. Judi's Master of Fine Arts degree was perhaps one of the earliest in which the major media was quilts. Her work has been shown at the New England Quilt Museum, at Quilt National and Crafts National exhibitions, and represented in public and private collections in the United States, Australia, and Japan. Her quilts are in 28 books, including Nihon Vogue's 88 Leaders in the Quilt World Today and Robert Shaw's The Art Quilt. Her quilt The Mountain and the Magic: Night Lights is in the permanent collection of the Museum of the American Quilter's Society in Paducah, Kentucky. Judi and her husband, Frank, live in Milford, Michigan, where Judi makes her quilts and where her flower garden is primarily a salad bar enjoyed by deer and rabbits. Judi will be happy to schedule a Collage+Cloth=Quilt workshop for your group. Contact her at blay555 at yahoo dot com for information about her lectures and workshops.
- Author(s)Judi Warren Blaydon
- PublisherC & T Publishing
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationConcord
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintC & T Publishing
- Content Notefull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight399 g
- Width8 mm
- Height11 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementLarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.