All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $30.60Free postage
- AU $34.91Free postage
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time in English, all the fiction by the writer who has been called the greatest Spanish-language writer of our century collected in a single volume From Jorge Luis Borges s 1935 debut withThe Universal History of Iniquity, through his immensely influential collectionsFiccionesandThe Aleph, these enigmatic, elaborate, imaginative inventions display his talent for turning fiction on its head by playing with form and genre and toying with language. Together these incomparable works comprise the perfect one-volume compendium for all those who have long loved Borges, and a superb introduction to the master's work for those who have yet to discover this singular genius.
- Author BiographyJorge Luis Borgeswas born in Buenos Aires in 1989 and was educated in Europe. One of the most widely acclaimed writers of our time, he published many collections of poems, essays, and short stories before his death in Geneva in June 1986. In 1961 Borges shared the International Publisher s prize with Samuel Beckett. The Ingram Merrill Foundation granted him its Annual Literary Award in 1966 for his outstanding contribution to literature. In 1971 Columbia University awarded him the first of many degrees of Doctor of Letters, honoris causa (eventually the list included both Oxford and Cambridge), that he was to receive from the English-speaking world. In 1971 he also received the fifth biennial Jerusalem Prize and in 1973 was given one of Mexico s most prestigious cultural awards, the Alfonso Reyes Prize. In 1980 he shared with Gerardo Diego the Cervantes Prize, the Spanish world s highest literary accolade. Borges was Director of the Argentine National Library from 1955 until 1973. Andrew Hurley(editor/translator) is a translator of numerous works of literature, criticism, history, and memoir. He is professor emeritus at the University of Puerto Rico.
- Author(s)Jorge Luis Borges
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Out-of-print date30/01/2010
- Weight626 g
- Width147 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.