All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAugust Kleinzahler says, 'Christopher Middleton is, and remains, a shocking man. One hardly kws where to begin - ' There are few risks Middleton will t take in his poems. For six decades and more he has uncovered new dimensions in language. The last decade has been one of continuous discovery and extension. His English is an open medium, responding to Arabic, German, Spanish, French and other media. And English is eloquent in its nsense as much as in its sense. His poems do t linger in the dank alleyways of self: he is always a maker and a shaper, of things that become durable resources for the reader, that refine and extend how we think, see and feel through formed language.
- Author BiographyChristopher Middleton was born in Truro, Cornwall, in 1926. He studied at Merton College, Oxford, before teaching at the University of Zurich, at King's College, London, and as Professor of Germanic Languages at the University of Texas, Austin. He has published translations of Robert Walser, Nietzsche, Holderlin, Goethe, Gert Hofmann and many others. Carcanet have published his poetry, prose and translations since 1975. His books include Selected Writings (1989), Faint Harps and Silver Voices: Translations (2000), The Word Pavilion (2001) and Collected Poems (2008).
- Author(s)Christopher Middleton
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.