All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe letters in the second volume of Gillian Hughes's pioneering edition vividly reflect Hogg's varied social experience and shed new light on his own writings and those of his contemporaries. His correspondents included major writers such as Scott and Byron, politicians such as Sir Robert Peel, and publishers such as John Murray and William Blackwood. But there are also letters to shepherds, farmers, aristocrats, musicians, young ladies, and bluestockings. In this meticulous and thoroughly researched edition, Hogg's entertaining and informative letters are illuminatingly placed in context by an editorial apparatus that includes full antation and biographical tes on Hogg's chief correspondents.
- Author BiographyGillian Hughes is the author of the biography James Hogg: A Life (EUP, 2007) and is editor of the journal Studies in Hogg and his World. She has edited or co-edited seven volumes in the Stirling/South Carolina Research Edition of the Collected Works of James Hogg series. The late Douglas S. Mack was formerly Professor Emeritus of English at the University of Stirling. Robin MacLachlan is Hogg Society Treasurer and an independent scholar.
- Author(s)James Hogg
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication28/04/2006
- Series TitleThe Collected Works of James Hogg
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note16 b/w illustrations
- Weight1030 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.