All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1941 Michael Hamburger has created a distinctive body of work. Collected Poems 1941-1994 reflects more than half a century's dedication to poetry and a consistent engagement with both the natural and the human world.
- Author BiographyMichael Hamburger was born in Berlin in 1924, and came to Britain as a child. He has taught widely in America and Britain and is the outstanding contemporary translator and critic of German literature. His awards include the German Federal Republic's Goethe Medal in 1986 for services to German literature. Anvil publishes his critical work 'The Truth of Poetry' and several of his translations, including editions of Goethe, Holderlin, Rilke and 'Poems of Paul Celan', which received the EC's European Translation Prize in 1990. His poem-sequence 'Late' appeared in 1997.
- Author(s)Michael Hamburger
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/1995
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight722 g
- Width145 mm
- Height224 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.