All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe poetry of Clive James has been delighting readers and winning awards for decades. His recent poems looking back over his extraordinarily rich life have brought him an even wider readership; some, such as Japanese Maple (first published in The New Yorker), became global news events upon their publication. In this first collected volume of poetry, James makes his own selection from over fifty years' work in verse: from his early satires to his late poems of valediction, he proves himself to be as well-suited to the intense demands of the short lyric as to those of the comic excursion. Collected Poems places James's effortless fluency, his breath-taking thematic range, and his emotional power on full display-and will burnish his reputation as one of the most accomplished of our contemporary poets.
- Author BiographyBorn in Australia, Clive James lives in Cambridge, England. He is the author of Unreliable Memoirs; a volume of selected poems, Opal Sunset; the best-selling Cultural Amnesia; and the translator of The Divine Comedy by Dante. He has written for the New York Times Book Review, The New Yorker, and The Atlantic. He is an Officer of the Order of Australia and a Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- Author(s)Clive James
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Weight960 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.