All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrances Horovitz's poems have the clarity of ballad and the power of myth. Her finely honed lyrics 'strike to areas of the soul as old as humanity itself'. Many were inspired by the remote Cotswold valley where she lived for ten years; others by the border country of Cumbria and the Welsh Marches. Her Collected Poems (1985) was one of the landmark volumes of postwar British poetry. She was one of the finest ever readers of poetry, and this new edition includes an audio CD of her reading a selection of her poems, along with an interview.
- Author BiographyFrances Horovitz (1938-83) was greatly loved and respected not only as a poet, but also as a broadcaster and performer of poetry. She was one of the finest poetry readers this country had produced, possessing a rare ability to hear a poem and become its voice. She published four collections of poems, including Water Over Stone (Enitharmon Press, 1980) and Snow Light, Water Light (Bloodaxe Books, 1983). She died in 1983, aged 45, after a long illness. Her Collected Poems was published posthumously in 1985.
- Author(s)Frances Horovitz
- PublisherBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTyne and Wear
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloodaxe Books Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byRoger Garfitt
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.