All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains all Sylvia Plath's mature poetry written from 1956 up to her death in 1963. The text is preceded by an introduction by Ted Hughes and followed by tes and comments on individual poems. There is also an appendix containing fifty poems from Sylvia Plath's juvenilia. 'For me, the most important literary event of 1981 has been the publication, eighteen years after her death, of Sylvia Plath's Collected Poems, confirming her as one of the most powerful and lavishly gifted poets of our time.' A. Alvarez in the Observer This collection was awarded the 1981 Pulitzer Prize for poetry.
- Author BiographySylvia Plath (1932-1963) was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and studied at Smith College. In 1955 she went to Cambridge University on a Fulbright scholarship, where she met and later married Ted Hughes. She published one collection of poems in her lifetime, The Colossus (1960), and a novel, The Bell Jar (1963); Ariel was published posthumously in 1965. Her Collected Poems, which contains her poetry written from 1956 until her death, was published in 1981 and was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for poetry.
- Author(s)Sylvia Plath
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/01/1998
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteindex
- Weight471 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Volume editorTed Hughes
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.