All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Church bells ought to greet the arrival of Causley's Collected Poems for Children ...it is so plum-pudding-rich in delight' Children's Books History Society A beautiful hardback edition of Charles Causley's Collected Poems for Children with a foreword by Roger McGough and illustrated with line art by John Lawrence. This Macmillan Classics edition is truly a special gift to treasure. The poems in this collection were chosen and arranged by the author. They feature as great a variety of subject and tone and place as any reader could wish for. To illustrate this book, John travelled to Cornwall to meet Charles Causley. If you look carefully you will find many references to Cornwall and its history and traditions throughout the book.
- Author BiographyCharles Causley was one of England's most distinguished poets. Ted Hughes said, 'Among the English Poetry of the last half-century, Charles Causley's could well turn out to be the best loved and the most needed.' Apart from six years in the wartime Royal Navy he lived almost all his life in his native town of Launceston in Cornwall, where he also once worked as a teacher. He has published many collections of his work both for adults and for children and won a number of literary awards and prizes. In 1986 he was appointed CBE.
- Author(s)Charles Causley
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight694 g
- Width137 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.