CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDrama. This important volume of Collected Works includes one of Artaud's most seminal texts, Theatre and Its Double, and his play The Cenci. Also included are appendices, copious tes and his essay Seraphim's Theater . The Theatre and Its Double, published here in its entirety, remains one of the most radical texts on performance in print today. The lesser-kwn Seraphim's Theater outlines an actor's application of the Taoist principles of fullness and emptiness, and has provided inspiration to actors and directors in experimental and n-naturalistic areas of the theater. The Cenci remains a landmark in twentieth-century theater as an early production of the theatre of cruelty .
- Author(s)Antonin Artaud
- PublisherOneworld Classics Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/1974
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleFrench Surrealism S.
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCalder Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date23/02/2011
- Content Note4ill.
- Height230 mm
- Edited byAlastair Hamilton
- Translated byAlistair Hamilton
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.