All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe collecting of autographs of American presidents is done with a passion that is t found about similar figures in other countries. Canadian prime ministers or Finnish presidents are t the focus of hobbyists. The enthusiasm of getting a set of presidential signatures is something of a comment on the energetic American historical emphasis on the country's chief executives. Even in George Washington's time there were forgers who allegedly would produce a Washington letter for a drink at a tavern, so the authenticity of Presidents is a subject marked by intrigue and misadventure. Paul C. Richards' scarce volume is a useful guide to a subject marked by increasingly high prices in the auction rooms. He was a great benefactor of Boston University, where his Robert Frost and Theodore Roosevelt collections are a permanent testimony to his relentless searching of attics and garrets and shrewd purchases.
- Author BiographyDr. Paul Rich is a member of the Manuscript Society and life member of the Organization of American Historians, the American Historical Association, and the Historical Society. At the headquarters of the Policy Studies Organization in Washington, which has strong connections with the family of President James Garfield, he has gathered a unique collection of Garfield material as well as of leading figures in American political science. He believes that eventually such materials need to find their way into public access so that researchers have ready use of them, and has donated original material to Dartmouth College, the Essex Institute, Eton College, Harvard, and elsewhere.
- Author(s)Paul C Richards,Paul Rich
- PublisherWestphalia Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestphalia Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byPaul Rich
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.